Thursday, April 19, 2012

Leaving behind the Safety of the Regnum Christi, human security.










Fear is the road that leads to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred, hatred leads to suffering. I perceive a lot of fear in you (Yoda)



Do not be afraid is the constant message of the Living Christ who lives in and with us.
My experience during these last years was about fear which stemmed from feeling subject to a blind obedience which would not let me do the truth. Fear magnifies the obstacles, paralyzing us and making us vulnerable. The Evil one feeds on anger and hatred. Even when I was in my parents' house, that fear kept possessing me until I became aware that it came from my strange concept of obedience. I had experienced lies first hand from some of my superiors. I already knew enough about the facts, and when I asked them about them, their answers were false. How could I believe that "the will of God" (or at least the strange concept I had of it) could come from someone who told lies?
But I kept believing that my life was in their hands and that they were only interested in me as long as I joined in the institutional falsehood.
One night, praying, in the silence of my room, I read with new sight these words of Jesus "Let not your heart be troubled or be afraid. You believe in God, believe in me too". Fear fled from my soul, and I was able to rest in the arm of He who is Love. From there a new impulse to love, to keep going as through the years that God gave me, without fear, full of trust and peace. 
Asking, discussing, listening to those who had another version of the facts different from the institutional helped me widen the horizon and break off that obedience which enslaved my life.


The great obedience to which a christian life dedicates itself, is obedience to God through one's conscience, intimate tabernacle, where God talks to us showing us the difference between good and bad (from the Sacred Constitution of the Church in the World, Gaudium et Spes, II Vatican Council). 
From then on I felt free to take the reins of my own life in my own hands, seeking the grace to live in truth so I would be able to love.
Now there are not human securities -I am 48 and I don't have social security- but I am finally learning to live like the birds of the fields that God feeds. As fear disappears, peace and love enable the soul to fly. This is the life Jesus invites us to live as his children. 
"Do not be afraid!"


Nieves Garcia
==

"No tengais miedo" es el mensaje constante del Cristo Vivo que vive con y entre nosotros.
Mi experiencia en estos últimos años fue de miedo que procedía del hecho de sentirme sujeta a una obediencia ciega que no me permitía hacer la verdad. El miedo nos agranda los obstáculos, nos paraliza y hace vulnerables. El maligno se alimenta de odio y de ira.
Aún estando ya en casa de mis padres, ese miedo seguía posyéndome hasta que me dí cuenta que procedía de mi extraño sentido de obediencia. Había experimentado en primera persona la mentira por parte de algunos superiores. Ya conocía bastante de la realidad del que fue el iniciador, y cuando les pregunté, las respuestas fueron falsas. ¿Cómo podía creer que "la voluntad de Dios" (un extraño concepto de la misma que al menos yo tenía, podía provenir de quien mentía?
Pero seguía sintiéndo que mi vida estaba en sus manos y que mi persona solo les interesaba si se sumaba al error institucional.  Una noche, recogida oración, en el silencio de mi cuarto, leí con ojos nuevos estas palabras de Jesús "No se turbe vuestro corazón, ni se intimide. Creís en Dios, CREED también en mí".
El miedo huyó de mi alma, y pude descansar en los brazos invisibles de quien es Amor. Entonces creció un nuevo impulso para amar, para seguir adelante con los años que Dios me regalé, sin miedos, sin temores, llena de confianza y paz. Preguntar, argumentar, escuchar a quienes tenían otra versión de los hechos distinta de la versión intitucional, me ayudó a abrir el horizonte y a romper con esa obediencia que subyugaba mi vida.

 La gran obediencia a la que se consagra una vida cristiana, es la obdiencia a Dios a través de la conciencia, sagrario íntimo, donde Dios habla y muestra el bien y lo diferencia del mal.

Entonces me sentí libre para tomar las riendas de mi propia vida, y pedir la gracia de vivir en la verdad para poder amar.
Ahora no hay seguridades humanas, tengo 48 años y no tengo seguridad social, ni pensión para el futuro, pero por fin estoy aprendiendo a vivir como los pajarillos del campo a quien Dios alimenta. A medida que el miedo huye, conquista la paz y el amor el alma para volar. Esta es la vida a la Jesús nos invita como hijos suyos.
"No tengais miedo"
Nieves García




No comments:

Post a Comment